Rustic, Soul-Warming Crostata
There are many ways to end a perfect meal, digging into a warm, homemade crostata is certainly one of them. Think freshly-baked pastry with a luscious fruit filling and a scoop of silky vanilla ice cream to top it all off - yum!
What’s even better is that there’s no need to get technical with the pastry for this free form tart. It can be in any shape you like, simply roll the dough out into the thickness you’re happy with. The fruit filling is adaptable, so go for fruits that are in season or those that you can easily find at the grocery store.
What you’ll need:
|Fruit of choice||180g|
|Lemon juice||½ pc.|
Prepare the dough.
1. Cut the cold butter and cream cheese into small cubes. Add into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
2. Press together with lightly floured hands and keep folding until it forms into a flat round. Cover with plastic and rest in the refrigerator overnight.
Prepare the filling.
Mix all the ingredients together and add in your fruit of choice.
Make the crostata.
1. Cut the dough into 15cm x 15cm
2. Put some egg wash on then add the filling in the middle.
3. Fold each side to the center.
4. Sprinkle with light brown sugar.
5. Bake in 175°C for 10 mins then rotate the tray and bake for another 10 mins.
6. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
7. Serve with icing sugar and lemon zest.